Wednesday, March 30, 2011

New Series on Atlas Shrugged

Ok this one is for real, I swear!

With the upcoming release of Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand's magnum opus, to the silver screen and the increasing popularity of Rand's ideas in the political right the novel has taken on new importance and relevance for modern Americans. While I personally reject most of Rand's philosophy I have to admit that I have not actually read any of her books. To fix both the problem of being something of a hypocrite for criticizing something I'm going to read Atlas Shrugged.

Now this might sound like total wankery to post on a blog, "Hey guess what I'm reading a doorstopper!" To be fair it is pretty arrogant to boast about reading some huge book. What I'm going to be doing is not just reading Atlas Shrugged but reviewing the book, one chapter at a time, on this blog like Slacktivist's excellent piece by piece reviews of the Left Behind series. I will have one chapter done each week, hopefully on Mondays. Since this isn't exactly the most gripping prose ever written for the sake of my sanity I'll be tossing in some humor and opinions of Rand's philosophy from a Heathen perspective.

So strap on in, grab some popcorn, and enjoy!

1 comment: